iOS 5.0/5.0.1 Unlocking released by MuscleNerd using UltraSnow and Procedure has been posted here for following basebands.
- iPhone 4 – Baseband 01.59.00
- iPhone 3G,3GS – Baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and 06.15.00
However the unlucky users of iPhone 4 who have upgraded their iPhone 4’s iOS to 4.1.x, 4.2.x or 4.3.x mistakenly without preserving baseband or saving SHSH can unlock their iPhone using Gevey SIM reviewed earlier. Although Gevey SIM provides major relief for carrier lock but activating the carrier on earh restart is not an easy task. Therefore Jailbreak community have come-up with the solution which automates the manual 112 call process using a jailbreak tweak called FuriousMod. It has already been confirmed that iOS 5 unlocking for 2.10.04/3.10.01/4.10.01 Basebands is working on GEVEY SIM. Now the developer behind the FuriousMod jailbreak app has released a new version called FuriousMod 2 which enables iOS 5.o.1 firmware support. Please follow the below mentioned step by step guide to Unlock iPhone 4S, iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0.1 using GEVEY Ultra and FuriousMod 2.0
In order to get FuriousMod 2.0 Cydia jailbreak App on your iPhone, make sure you device is Jailbroken. Click here for Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.0.1 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch using RedSn0w, Click here Using PwnageTool 5.0.1[Mac Only] or here using Corona 5.0.1 Untether.
- Removes the SIM card from your iPhone 4
- Goto Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit > Add Source, and add http://cydia.furiousmod.com/ source or repo.
- Search for FuriousMod 2.0 in Cydia and Install
- Restart your iPhone so that FuriousMod is completely setup and Turn your iPhone off
- Insert Gevey SIM into your iPhone 4 and turn it on
- Wait for the Accept Message and Accept when displayed
- Now no SIM message will popup press Ok
- Now wait for 2-3 minutes and you will see the carrier appear on status bar