If you are fond of reading electronic books and have tried or using iOS native iBook then people at Feedtailor Inc have come up with another extraordinary application called Book+ which provides same utility as iBook to allow reading eBooks as well as Books in PDF Format however it provides you tons of additional features will are either not implemented or truely integrated with Apple iBook application. Book+ provides you with easy to manage and reading friendly interface for eBooks. Password protected directories containing different categories of eBooks is one the feature that is most appreciated.
AppStore Description of Book+ is,
Book+ is an e-book reader that specializes in PDF management and high-speed viewing.
Offering lots of unique functionality developed specifically for ease of management and readability. Recommended for those who wish to read PDFs on their iPad or iPhone!
Some of the major features of Book+ as per AppStore are,
- Proprietary file management system (column mode / icon mode)
- Create unlimited folder hierarchies
- Choose from 6 folder colors
- Folders can be password protected
- Drag & drop folders to move them and rearrange their order
- Search PDF files (search folders / keyword search / restrict search by date and time)
- Smart folders can be created to store search results
- Supports integration with storage services (only Dropbox in v1.0)
- Supports USB transfers via iTunes and file transfers between applications
- High speed viewing over a wide range of zoom magnifications
- Eliminates page transition effects providing “high speed page turning”
- The text within PDFs is searchable (sort by page / rank)
- Multiple-page display mode (a maximum of 64 pages can be viewed at once)
- Jump directly to different pages and URLs from links within PDFs
- Handles data from table of contents in PDFs
- Supports viewing of password protected PDFs
- Smart Focus functionality to semi-automatically magnify sections for viewing
- Smart Focus’ Functionality
- ‘Smart Focus’ is one feature that is characteristic of Book+; it eliminates the difficulties in reading text that is arranged in columns.
- Whilst the PDF is being displayed, double tap and then hold and drag the desired section; this will magnify the text so that it is easier to read.
You can install Book+ 1.0 by following the procedure here for trial but please buy it from Appstore links above for 3.99US$ if your like it.