Recently we reported about CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 1 which brought Android 2.3.7 has been updated to CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2. This new version has been released to to bring some improvements along with various bug fixes. This is a quick release as the previous version released only few days ago. However, it is pertinent mention here that this update is only recommended for those who are expert and have the complete understanding on how to test an development version.
A complete changelog of new CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 2 is mentioned below
* Plugging headphones in should now shut off speaker volume
* Battery drain issues have been (partially) addressed
* More apps now available in market (thanks to Flemmard)
* Temporarily removed suspect fsck_msdos to fix random folder deletion on media/sdcard.
* At least one type of “sleep of death” (TP won’t wake up) has been fixed
* Wifi should no longer hang in sleep
* Vibrator no longer disappears
* Touchscreen no longer unresponsive after sleep
* cifs support added
* Touchstone should now charge better
* fixed broken links resulting from first version of installer (mount now works)
* pptp vpn now works
* OpenVPN TUN support added
* USB mounting in vold added
* Misc. fixes to ACME Installer (more graceful exits, nonstandard LVM media location handling, etc.)
* fixes to surfaceflinger to improve performance
* upstream cm7 changes added
You can download the newly released version of CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha2 from here whereas in order install you can follow the same method which was used to install CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha 1.
We will keep you posted on latest updates on CyanogenMod follow us on twitter and facebook to get updates on Apple, Android, Symbian, Gadgets & News.