Google’s release of Android Ice Cream Sandwich source code has already brought many ICS 4.0 based builds for most powerful android devices. Currently the available custom ROMs for ICS 4.0 are not 100% working on older devices which means majority of features are still not supported. Now, another Alpha build for AOSP ICS 4.0 has been released by one of the XDA Developer zdzihu Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 devices but just like other ICS ports, only few functions are reported to working properly. Therefore, So we strongly suggest you to wait for the more stable version.
PROCEDURE WE HAVE REFERRED IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. KOOLMOBILE.NET WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF IT GETS FAILED OR CAUSED ANY DATA LOSS!!!!!
– ol’ good 2.6.29-SEMC
– fixed touchscreen driver (now backward-compatibile with Gingerbread)
– partially based on drewis release (thanks!) – currently I don’t have access to PC that could handle compilation of the whole thing
If someone could compile clean es209ra build and upload it would be awesome.
– it boots
– radio, calls, txt (sms)
– audio partially working (in-call is fine, playing mp3/ringtones leads to WLOD)
– bluetooth, GPS seem to work
– wifi almost working (“can’t find wlan0 device”)
– mobile data (it gets IP but disconects afterwards, needs investiagtion)
– most of the stuff does not work
– quite unstable
Alpha1 ROM (for CWM5) + corresponding kernel (flashtool) is here:
You may also want to checkout:
- Nexus S and Nexus S 4G Gets Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- How To Install Android Ice Cream Sandwich Alpha Build On HTC HD2
- How to Install Android Ice Cream Sandwich On Galaxy S II And Galaxy S [Tutorial]