Microsoft has finally released Windows Phone 7.5 Mango website along with brand new web based Windows Phone marketplace. Windows Phone 7.5 Mango website provides following set of instructions or guide on how to upgrade your device to the latest and greatest WP7 release:
Windows Phone 7.5 (“Mango”) is available to install on some phones now. Look for a notification on your phone soon.
- Install the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac. You’ll need this software to download the phone update.
- If your battery level is low, give your phone a quick charge before starting the update.
- Make some room on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted apps or other large items.
- Free up space on your computer. We’ll need some room to save a backup of your existing phone software.
- Make sure your computer has a reliable Internet connection. In some cases, you might need to switch from a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to a wired (Ethernet) connection. Or you might need to adjust your computer’s firewall or proxy settings.
- Verify that your phone is set to the correct date and time. That’ll help us determine which updates you need.
- When an update is available, we’ll notify you on your phone. After you see the notification, pick a convenient time to install it. The process can take an hour or more.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone. Follow the instructions that appear in the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac.
Microsoft is scheduling the update for delivery. This phase typically lasts 10 business days or less.