Nokia has started rolling out much anticipated Symbian Anna update for all Symbian^3 devices including Nokia N8, E7, C7 and C6-01 no matter what carrier, operator or color you are on. The update has initially been made available for most of Europe and Asia but soon it will be available worldwide. Symbian Anna update can be using the Ovi Store using latest version of Ovi Suite (3.1.1) or the Update Firmware OTA.
If you are not well familiar with Symbian Anna update, some of the major features provided by this update are,
- Completely Redesigned Speedier Web browser
- Social networking integration allowing you to see status updates in contact details
- Split-screen text input view
- portrait QWERTY keypad
- Redesigned homescreen to incorporate more dynamic stuff
- Regesigned Menu icons (rounded icons) and improved visuals
- NFC capabilities (sharing photos,contacts etc by tapping handsets together)
- Improved overall performance and memory management
- Ovi Maps 3.6 with improved search and the ability to share location via SMS
- Updates for Mail, Photos and Calendar Applications
- especially N8 brings 720p video recording at 30 fps
Symbian Anna now available for download
Published August 18, 2011
Espoo, Finland – Symbian Anna – the latest software update for Symbian smartphones – is available for download starting today*.
Symbian Anna significantly enhances the user experience on the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia E7. A new user interface, virtual QWERTY keypad in portrait mode, split-screen messaging, enhanced Nokia Maps, better web browsing and stronger security are just a few of the improvements that people will be able to enjoy. Symbian Anna can be downloaded using the latest version of Ovi Suite (version 3.1.1) on a PC, or over-the-air directly to your smartphone**.
“Nokia’s Symbian smartphones are used by millions of people around the world every day, addressing specific consumer needs and providing choices at many price points,” said Ilari Nurmi, Vice President at Nokia. “Symbian Anna represents a significant update to the experience those users have and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Symbian, which will see up to 10 more phones introduced over the next 12 months, further updates to the user experience and support for the software until at least 2016.”
Key features with Symbian Anna:
– User interface: Symbian Anna brings a fresh new look and feel to the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia E7 with crisp icons and multiple usability enhancements. Typing on the touchscreen is much easier with a split screen, so you can see message threads, webpages, contacts or email view while typing on the virtual QWERTY keypad – now also available in portrait mode.
– Maps and navigation: Symbian Anna enhances Nokia Maps with better search functionality, new public transportation routes and the ability to check-in to favorite geo-social network sites like Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter
– Browsing: A faster, easier-to-use browser, delivering quicker page loads and improved device navigation allowing people to connect more easily to their favorite sites on the go.
– Better for business: Symbian Anna brings true business-grade security with improved data encryption on Nokia smartphones. Business users with a Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 or Nokia E7 can now easily and securely access their company intranet with IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers.
– Near Field Communications (NFC): The Symbian Anna software update also activates the NFC hardware in the Nokia C7, so people can now simply tap their Nokia C7s together to share contacts, photos, videos and play games; easily pair with NFC-enabled accessories from Nokia and others; and read NFC tags to check-in and more
*The precise rollout schedule of the Symbian Anna software update varies from market to market.
**Method of delivery of the software update differs from market to market and operator to operator.
For more News about latest developments and updates visit our News Section.