Skype has released an iPad optimized version of its famous VoIP chat client with Video calls support over Wifi and 3G. Along with optimization for iPad large screen Skype has enabled all the features that its iPhone counterpart has including Voice Calls, Video Calls, International Calls using Skype Credits and of course Text Messaging. And the best part is that it works over 3G as well unlike Apple native Facetime which can not be used over 3G and is limited to Wifi use only.
Video calls can be made only from iPad 2 as its equipped with dual front and back facing cameras whereas iPad 1 users can only receive Video calls.
Appstore description of Skype for iPad is as fol,
Simple to use:
• Join Skype on your iPad in a few moments or just sign straight in to your account.
• If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
• We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
• Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
• Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
• Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
Skype application for iPad has yet started rolling out in defferent regions og the world and may take some time to reach your locale. Therefore if you want to try it first check Appstore here and if not avaialve the try procedure here to download unrestrcited.
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook.