One of the well known accessories producer Scosche has announced the RDTX Pro, a small accessory which connects with your iPod or iPhone and measure radiation levels. This would be one of the strangest accessory we have ever seen for a long time. The detector needs no calibration and accurately detect gamma radiation above 60keV with plus or minus 5% accuracy. It can be plugged into your iPhone or iPod touch via the charge and sync port.
This is what Scosche says about RDTX-PRO accessary:
The RDTX pro empowers you to detect radiation levels with your iPod or iPhone so that you can take control of your well-being. Solid-state design ensures consistently accurate gamma radiation detection. It requires no calibration and is conveniently lightweight and compact in size. 96 hour battery life allows you to use the RDTX pro for extended time periods without having to replace the battery (no battery needed when plugged into iPhone or iPod).
The easy-to-use Meter Display indicates radiation levels as being safe, elevated or dangerous. For advanced users, the Digital Display shows detailed radiation measurements. Share your results with your friends around the globe and take control of protecting your world.
The RDTX pro can also be used independently as a radiation alarm without being connected to an iPod or iPhone to keep you and your family safe.
– Easy-to-use interface clearly indicates radiation levels
– GREEN indicates a safe area
– YELLOW indicates elevated radiation
– RED indicates a dangerous radiation level
– Displays detailed measurements for the advanced user
– Counts per Minute (CPM)
– Time Since Reset
– Total Counts Since Reset
– uSV/h (Micro Sieverts per Hour)
– Dose Received
– Average uSV/h levels since reset
– Place map markers to report radiation levels
– Use social media to share radiation levels with Twitter, Facebook and more
– Deliver precise radiation reports to keep you and your family safe
The RDTX Pro accessory will cost you $349.99 and will be available to purchase in Japan starting in September.