iPhone Dev Team memeber MuscleNerd mentioned on twitter that latest release of TinyUmbrella which allows you to save the SHSH blobs +APTicket will be enough in order to make use them in upcoming RedSnow. Now iPhone Dev Team has released the revision of RedsnOw 0.9.9b9 which now supports the saving of SHSH blobs of iOS 5.0.x. Although it requires Tethered boot means you will have to connect your iDevice with PC/Mac every time you boot up.
Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 Changelog as per developer,
Update #17: The holiday season is almost here (Happy Holidays!) so we realize everyone is busy (especially @pod2g!). And even though we always recommend that jailbreakers stay where they are until a new untethered JB comes out, that’s not always possible. So we’ve updated redsn0w for those who may have found themselves at iOS 5.0.1, and added some other useful features too:
- native support for 5.0.1 (no need to point redsn0w at 5.0 IPSW or use command-line args). Support automatically extends to all of redsn0w’s various functions: “Jailbreak”, “Just boot”, “Fetch blobs”, “Stitch blobs”, “Recovery Fix”
- iBooks fixed in 5.0 and 5.0.1. This is a targeted fix that doesn’t remove entire sandbox mechanism. 5.x users already using redsn0w “Just Boot” can just use the new version without redoing entire jailbreak again
- 3GS old-bootrom owners can now create custom IPSWs without blobs
- ultrasn0w compatability update (i.e. same baseband requirements) for 5.0.1 will be available on Cydia Monday
- support for newer 8GB iPhone4 (which until now had problems with “Fetch blobs”). Thanks to @JKjeepnJeff for loaning us one of these newer i4 units for testing!
- allows Windows users (not just OS X users) to use the “Custom” button to create IPSWs without baseband updates. (Update: please wait for 0.9.9b9b for this!)
- accommodates APTickets in 5.x (until next Apple countermove). APTickets are crypto-verified before submitting to Cydia, just like the main blobs. Cydia server support for sending back the APTickets is upcoming. For now, use stitched IPSWs for 5.x. Due to APTickets, stitched 5.x IPSWs now require user to start in “Pwned DFU” mode
- Support added for stitching 4.x blobs to iPad2-GSM IPSWs. Similar to @notcom’s TinyCFW but doesn’t require lots of RAM or a TSS-assisted restore. Won’t work for iPad2 5.x blobs (or iPhone4S at all) until a bootrom-level exploit is out
- top line now shows whether (and where) a redsn0w update is available, or if the version being run is the latest. Uses DNS TXT record to alleviate any concerns about snooping
- no 5.1 beta support at this time (major apps like Cydia are not yet compatible)
- @pod2g has been doing a great job porting his 5.x untether…check his blog for updates!
- Owners of newer 3GS iPhones must not flash the iPad baseband. The iPad baseband will not work on 3GS iPhones built later than 2011 week 35. You have a week 35 or later device if your serial # starts with xx135.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 for Windows from here.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b9 for Mac from here.
It is pertinent to mention here that iPad 2 and iPhone 4S will not support this jailbreak as they are equipped with higher hardware (A5-porcessor) as compared to other devices.
May may also like to check out:
- Downgrade 5.0.1 / 5.0 to 4.3.3 on iPad 2 3G (GSM / CDMA) with TinyCFW [How to Tutorial]
- Downgrade iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5.0 Custom Firmware Using iFaith
- How to Save SHSH Blobs iOS 5.0.1, 4.3.5, 4.3.3 and Downgrade iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch [TinyUmbrella]
You can also jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.3.5 using RedSnow, iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w, JailbreakMe or to Jailbreak while preserving your baseband (software unlock) see TinyUmbrella, SnowBreeze & PwnageTool.
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook to get updates on Apple, Android, Symbian, Gadgets & News.