Right after the release of Untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad1 devices, users reported list of issues which includes crashing of certain jailbreak apps. If you are a regular follower, iPhone-Dev Team yesterday updated Redsn0w to redsn0w 0.9.10b2 in order to fix launchctl error. Today, they have released another Beta version of RedSn0w and named as RedSn0w 0.9.10b3. The purpose of releasing this update is to resolve Cydia jailbreak apps issue which are based on MobileSubstrate.
From iPhone Dev-team:
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
You can download the latest RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 from below mentioned links. We have already posted a step by step procedure with screenshots on how to perform iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Using RedSn0w. Make sure you follow the above mentioned instructions came out from iPhone-Dev Team before starting iOS 5.0.1 Untethered jailbreak.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Windows from here (be sure to run in Administrator mode)
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Mac from here
You can also check out:
- How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad1 Using “Corona 5.0.1 Untether” [Tutorial]
- How to Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0/5.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad1 Using PwnageTool 5.0.1 [Mac only]