Ever wondered making and receiving Calls and SMS from your iPad or iPad 2 3G version, it has been made very much possible by folks at iPhoneIslam. iPad 3G and iPad 2 3G contains SIM module but the functionality is restricted to 3G data usage only therefore the possibility of making calls and SMS is very much there. It has been made possible and running for iPad Original and is available for purchase. You don’t require any special hardware to enable this feature but only a Jailbroken iPad 3G. Therefore the work is in progress for enabling the same on iPad 2 which is not an easy task as the complete hardware of iPad 2 is revamped from iPad Original and as per email of iPhoneIslam sent to LimeRa1n,
This is iTarek from iPhoneIslam Team, I know everybody waiting PhoneItiPad for iPad2 , we working hard on that but it is not easy we hope to have beta soon and we will email you about it when it ready.
So if you are one of the iPad Original user you can follow the procedure below to activate Phone functionality on your iPad Original,
- Go to Settings > General > About and copy the unique ICCID of your 3G iPad Original
- Now visit iPhoneIslam to purchase PhoneItiPad for $19.99 which will be ask you to enter the ICCID
- Open Cydia and add the iPhoneIslam repository http://apps.iphoneislam.com.
- Search for PhoneItiPad in Cydia and Install
- Reboot your device
- Now 3G iPad can make and receive SMS and Calls