In the past we have posted a detailed review of TeamViewer which provides remote desktop and file sharing functionality for Windows, Mac, Linux and iDevices. Parallels Mobile also provides more or less similar remote access to all the applications running on your Mac whether they be Mac applications or Windows programs using your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Parallels Mobile requires the Desktop version to be installed on your Mac Desktop. Recently Parallels Mobile has been updated to Parallels Mobile 3.0 to improve application performance and stability.
Some of the major features provided by Parallels Mobile as per AppStore are,
- Use any of your Windows applications, from Internet Explorer to Outlook
- Remotely start, stop any of your applications.
- Stay connected via WiFi or 3G networks
- Control your Mac just like you control Windows (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
- Play back music and audio files remotely – see and hear Flash video on your iPad or iPhone (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
- Copy and paste text between your mobile device and Windows programs (Parallels Desktop 7 only)
- enable you to control your Mac just like you control your virtual machine
- add sound support: now you can play back music and audio files remotely from your virtual machine
- enable you to copy and paste text between your mobile device and virtual machine
- allow you to set Parallels Mobile to connect to your Mac and virtual machines only when Wi-Fi connection is available
- improve support for external displays and keyboards
Sneak Preview Parallels Mobile in action,
You can install Parallels Mobile 3.0 by following the procedure here for trial but please buy it from Appstore links above for 4.99US$ (limited time offer otherwise 19.99 US$) if your like it.