≡ Menu

News of more bursting Galaxy Note 7’s, Claims of bursting in flames causing a flaming jeep, Burning down of garage among other incidents

samsung-note-7

There have been various alarming reports in the news lately of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 s’ exploding into flames  while the phone was charging, and Samsung having taken immediate action of recalling all Samsung Galaxy Note 7 that have been shipped and halting of sales of the devices until a resolution is reached pertaining to the problem. Samsung has been offering users the option of either getting a full refund or exchanging the phone for another smartphone. Previously there had only been a few minor incidents that had taken place , however with new incidents that have taken place Samsung has recalled all the 2.5 million devices that have been shipped worldwide.

Even the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)  is thinking of banning the devices on flights. There is no exact way that a user can tell whether they have a faulty smartphone , Samsung has advised all owners that have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to return the phones to Samsung ,and either get a refund or exchange the phone for another.

garage-burnt-downAs can be seen above,according to the latest reports ,a user (Wesley Hartzog) had left the phone on the charger in his garage ,while he went to fetch his daughters and upon returning firefighters and emergency personal had already arrived and were trying to put the flames out of the burning garage. This accident is reported to have occurred in Horry County, South Carolina. The statement given by the owner is as follows:

“Everybody was here and they were actually at the front door about ready to go inside and make the initial fire attack. Somebody told me that there was a fire in the garage. You know, you just don’t really ever think it will happen to you. They asked me if I had anything plugged in in the garage. My cell phone, which was the new Note 7, was plugged in in the garage. I also had an air compressor plugged into the same outlet, but the compressor wasn’t on.”

Another incident was reported, where a Jeep Grand Cherokee went up in flames ,on Labor day weekend, when the owner (Nathan Dornacher) and his wife had left the smartphone on the charger in the car and had gone to an auction sale.The first reported incident in Australia occurred yesterday, in a hotel room , and caused damages of more than $1,300.

jeep-explodingDue to the alarming incidents occurring all over the world, even the FAA is thinking of banning all Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices from flights, due to safety issues. Hopefully Samsung can rectify the problem quickly without much more incidents like this occurring.

 

 

 

Please follow and like us:
20

Comments on this entry are closed.

Subscribe to Koolmobile