Creating Wifi Hotspots on your 3G/EDGE connection has been a plus for Android Phones since inception of Android 2.3 Gingerbread however the facility to create Personnel Hotspots was added in iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch in iOS 4.3.x this year. But the functionaltiy of Apple Personnel Hotspots is limited to iOS 4 users and not supported accross the board for all iDevices therefore MyWi by Intelliborn for more than last 2 years is providing the functionality to turn your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into Wifi Hotspots.
MyWi creates personnel hotspots by click of a button and you can share your iPhone or iPad network data connection with other Wifi users. Some of the features provided by MyWi 4 are,
- Create iPhone or iPad WiFi Hotspot for connecting mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share iPhone/iPad’s internet connection
- Provides WEP Security in order to prevent unauthorized usage of your WiFi HotSpot
- Supports USB and Bluetooth Tethering as well for other iPhone or iPad
- Broadcasts SSID thereby not requiring adhoc networks manual configuration
- Provides upload and download bandwith usage for both WiFi or USB Tethering
- Native routing support
- Power efficient in order to reduce battery usage
MyWi 4 is available for Jailbroken iPhone and iPad for a price of 19.99 US$ however it can be installed from xSellize Repo using the procedure here for trial purposes but if you like the Application please buy it from Cydia.
In order to enjoy these Applications and Tweaks you need to Jailbreak so you might like to see Redsn0w Jailbreak & JailbreakMe or to Jailbreak while preserving your baseband (software unlock) see TinyUmbrella, SnowBreeze & PwnageTool.
For more stuff check out our Jailbreak Apps & Tweaks Gallery for iPhone/iPod, Themes Gallery for iPhone/iPod,Games Gallary for iPhone/iPod & Appstore Apps Gallery for iPhone/iPod.