Recently we have covered that iOS 4.3.5 has been launched by Apple for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad and iPod touch and its has the same exploit that was present in iOS 4.3.4 which means it can also be Jailbroken using Redsnow but its tethered only. This news has come from no other than MuscleNerd ” famous iPhone Base-band Hacker” in his tweet below,
@zaone @m1ckey29 ah ok thanks for checking! So those who really do want tethered 4.3.5 can use redsn0w pointed at 4.3.4 (except iPad2)
Note: Untethered Jailbreak is not avaiable so avoid this upgrading to iOS 4.3.5.
However if you have already upgraded please follow the procedure below to Jailbreak your device tethered,
- Download iOS 4.3.4 as well as 4.3.5 from here. iOS 4.3.4 is required to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 using Redsnow.
- Download Redsnow from Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 for Windows or Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 for Mac
- Download and install iTunes 10.4 from here
- Run Redsn0w and browse the iOS 4.3.4 firmware and click next
2. After loading software and Ramdisk next screen will apprear with Install Cydia checked, click Next (you can also enable MultiTouch Gestures on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod 4 and iPad by check marking it)
3. Now switch off your mobile while its connected to PC and press next.
4. Now follow these steps to put your phone into DFU Mode which is required to insert Jailbreak data into your iDevice,
a. Hold Down Power Button
b. Without releasing power button Press Home Button
c. Release Power Botton and keep pressing home button
5. When you device has successfully entered DFU mode then automatic installation will start and on resart of iDevice the device will be jailbroken.
6. However on every restart of your device it will require you to start from step 2 again by selection “just tethered boot now” and unckecking Cydia.
If you are having trouble doing it please feel fee to ask question in comments section below.
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook.