Apple has recently released iOS 4.4.3 for Apple TV so if you have already upgraded then you are still not out of luck as you can still jailbreak it but some of the optional applications like Rowmote, Plex etc won’t work also the Jailbreak is still tethered. It means that if the device restarts or goes out of power then you have to re-jailbreak.
1. Download “Seas0nPass.zip” from above link and unzip to launch the application.
2. On pressing the next window click on “Create IPSW” option to create a custom firmware.
3. Now the latest firmware will be downloaded to create a custom firmware for Jailbreak
4. When the IPSW is created it will prompt you to connect Apple TV using micro-USB cable. Connect the device with Mac and Hold both “Menu” and “Play/Pause” button for 7 seconds to enter DFU Mode
5. Now iTunes will automatically restore the custom jailbroken IPSW file onto your Apple TV 2G.
Congrats you are done with Jailbreaking your Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.4.3 using seas0npass. The same can be reconfirmed using the menu option where you will find SeasonPass Menu as shown below.
Our friends at MyJailbreakMovies have come up with a nice video tutorial on how to Jailbreak Apple TV 2 using Seas0nPass Jailbreak Utility.
You can visit out Apple TV section to view more stuff on Apple TV Products and Services.