Recently we have posted the iOS 5 Beta 5 has been released by Apple alongside iTunes 10.5 Beta 5 has been released. iOS 5 Beta 5 has option of update Over the Air however if you choose to upgrade it through iTunes then Apple recommends to first upgrade iTunes to 10.5 Beta 5. iTunes 10.5 Beta 5 is also required for Syncing your iDevice running iOS 5 Beta 5.
This is what Apple has to say about iTunes 10.5 Beta 5,
“To install iOS 5 beta 5 using over the air software update, you must first erase all content and settings on your device by choosing Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Over the air software update can be initiated on devices running iOS 5 beta 3 and later by choosing Settings > General > Software Update.
Be sure to backup your devices using iTunes 10.5 beta 4 or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS 5 beta 5. After installing iOS 5 beta 5, you can restore your device using either iTunes 10.5 beta 5 or through your iCloud backup.”
iTunes 10.5 Beta 5 release is for developers only and is safe for Jailbreakers.
Change Log iTunes 5 BETA 5
- The version of iTunes that comes with beta 5 cannot sync devices that have the beta 4 software installed. To avoid this problem, do the following:
- Sync any devices that have beta 4 installed to the version of iTunes that came with beta 4.
- Upgrade iTunes to the version that comes with beta 5.
- Connect the device and install the beta 5 software. (Understand that you might see a failure to sync error when you first connect the device.)
- After installing the beta 5 software, restore from your the backup you made in step 1.
- Videos purchased from the iTunes Store do not play on a 2nd generation AppleTV over AirPlay with iTunes 10.5.
iTunes 10.5 Beta 5 can be downloaded from Apple Developer site but you need to have Apple Developer Account to login.