Notification system for iPhone, iPod and iPad had been a critical issue as simple pop-ups appearing on reciving notification is not a solution. Nothing appears on status bar when notification is ignored by a user.
Jailbreak community has come up with a solution to notification problem by a software platform named “OpenNotifier”. OpenNotifier comes with Silent, Message, eMail, Facebook, Skype and Twitter icons however this platform is flexible enough to accomodate new icons downloaded from Cydia.
- Jailbroken iPhone,iPad or iPod (to Jailbreak click here)
- Open Cydia and search for OpenNotifier
- Download and install OpenNotifier
- Now you can download OpenNotifier Premium Pack which contains more than 60 notification icons
- To download OpenNotifier Premium Pack goto Cydia>Manage>Sources>Edit and add source “http://cydia.xsellize.com”
- After the repo is added search OpenNotifier Premium Pack and download & install the black one (blue is paid)
- OpenNotifier is located in Settings>OpenNotifier
- Goto Apps under Notification and click Application whom Notification you want to display on Status Bar
- You will be given a list of available icons select icon
- Repeat step 4 & 5 for all the apps you want to get notification for.
- Press Home button and your device will respring
- If you want to install manual icons for OpenNotifier use Disk Aid PC software to access root folder of your iPhone, iPad or iPod
- You can also use iFile if you want to copy/paste within your iDevice
- Goto Root> System> Library> Frameworks> UIKit.framework and copy/paste Notification icons which should be in Black_ON_Facebook.png and Silver_ON_Facebook.png
- You can copy theme specific notification icons from web and paste them
- However if you have installed the theme but can see notification icons specific to that theme then goto private> var> stash> Themes > Theme Folder > Bundles> com.apple.UIKit. You will find notification icons here copy them and paste to step 2 directory