iFaith is an excellent alternate to TinyUmbrella which not only provides facility to Save SHSH blobs but also produce signed IPSWs in order to avoid Recovery Loops especially on iPhone 3GS. This software is developed by iH8sn0w which allows you to save SHSH blobs even after Apple has stopped signing you current firmware. And the best part is that iFaith dumps the SHSH blobs on you iDevice physically i.e. blobs are saved on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
The edge that iFaith has over TinyUmbrella [already covered] is that if Apple has stopped signing your firmware even then you can have your older blobs saved e.g. Apple is only signing iOS 4.3.5 and if your device is on 4.1 then you can only sign 4.3.5 from Apple but iFaith lets you sign even 4.2.1 and store its SHSH blobs.
iFaith is compatible with fol,
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 2G
- iPod Touch 3
- iPod Touch 4
- Apple TV 2
- Extract iFaith 1.2.1 after download and Run iFaith-v1.2.1.exe
- Connect you device with the PC or Mac and Click “Dump SHSH Blobs”
- Press Proceed button to move ahead
- Now you will come to DFU mode screen. Follow procedure or On Screen instructions to bring you iDevice into DFU mode,
a. Hold Down Power Button
b. Without releasing power button Press Home Button
c. Release Power Botton and keep pressing home button
- Wait for few minutes and iFaith will ask you to save a copy of SHSH blobs onto you PC or Mac as well.