Those who have missed the most awaited news of the year after iPhone 4S launch, iPhone-Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team has released iOS 5.0/5.0.1 Untethered jailbreak for A4 devices iPad (First Generation), iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 devices. Users who are already running iOS 5.0.1 with Tethered jailbreak can just installed a small tweak called Corona 5.0.1 Untether which will transform their Tethered jailbreak into Untethered whereas those who have just upgraded their devices to iOS 5.0.1 then use the latest Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 to make your devices Untethered jailbreak.
However, if you are Mac users then then you can use Custom Pwnage bundles which will make the Unthered jailbreak procedure even more simplified. However its worth mentioning here that using this method you will be able to preserve you baseband. By preserving you baseband you can preserve you unlocking using Ultrasn0w.
- Download iOS 5.0.1 for your A4 device from here
- Download PwnageTool 5.0.1 for Mac OS X from here[Torrent Link]
- Mac OS X
- Download for Mac from here
- Run the Pwnage Tool and Select your device in Expert Mode and Click Next
- Select iOS 5.0.1 Firmware you have already downloaded for your iDevice and click next
- Click Build Package and Pwnage tool will Build a Custom Firmware for your iPhone, iPad or iPod devices
- You have put you device in DFU mode as follows,
a. Hold Down Power Button
b. Without releasing power button Press Home Button
c. Release Power Botton and keep pressing home button
- When you device is in DFU mode open iTunes and do Shift+Restore and select Custom Firmware to restore.