A perfect gift has arrived for iOS users when Sn0wbreeze is celebrating it’s second birthday. On this special day, developer behind the snowbreeze jailbreaking tool iH8sn0w has released a new version 2.9 to include pod2g’s recently released iOS 5.0.1 untether. In addition to that developer has also incorporated tons of new features which includes the support for older firmware (all the way back to iOS 3.1.3) and a direct IPSW download link.
Detail list of features which have been added in new version are as follows:
- Happy birthday sn0wbreeze!
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now. 😛
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
The new version of Sn0wbreeze now supports all below mentioned firmwares on all iDevices except for A5 ones:
- Supports iOS 3.1.3
- Supports iOS 3.2.x
- Supports iOS 4.0.x
- Supports iOS 4.1
- Supports iOS 4.2.1 – 4.2.8
- Supports iOS 4.3 – 4.3.3
- Supports iOS 5.0.1
- iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5/4.4.x/5.0 support coming soon
Those who are new to this, SnOwbreeze is a famous Jailbreak Tool which allows preservation on base band. Although same functionality has be now put in RedSnOw. PwnageTool for Mac also allow us to create custom firmware(iOS 4.3.3) to jailbreak iPhone, iPod, iPad. In addition to that, it also preserve your iPhone baseband which will eventually preserves your unlocking.
You can also jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 4.3.5 using RedSnow, iOS 4.3.3 using Redsn0w, JailbreakMe or to Jailbreak while preserving your baseband (software unlock) see TinyUmbrella, SnowBreeze & PwnageTool.