Recently released iPhone 4S is by far the toughest contender for unlocking and untethered jailbreak as iPhone hacker community is still not able to achieve either of them after a lapse of over one month. However today developers have found out a new way of achieving unclosing on iPhone 4S on AT&T carrier and the best part of it that you don’t require any software, jailbreak patch like ultrasn0w or Gevey SIM. All you need to do is perform simple steps and it will unlock your device for unofficial carriers use.
- Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
- Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
- Turn on Airplane Mode
- Take out AT&T SIM card
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card
- Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
- Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
- Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
- EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
- Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
- Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
- When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
- Eject SIM card
- Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
- Insert SIM card
If you feel the procedure difficult find below video tutorials,
If you face any problem feel free to comment. We will be updating you on the future developments and updates so follow us on twitter, Facebook and Google+ to get updates on Apple, Microsoft,Google, Gadgets and Tech News.