Couple of days ago we reported you that iPhone-Dev Team will release UltraSn0w 1.25 on coming Monday to unlock iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS devices. Well you don’t have to wait for Monday now asUltrasnow 1.2.5 has already hit the Cydia app store which will unlock iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G with following baseband,
- iPhone 4 – Baseband 01.59.00
- iPhone 3G,3GS – Baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and 06.15.00
Note iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak using Rednow or snowbreez is still tethered. Therefore it is recomended that you wait for untethered jailbreak before upgrading to iOS 5.0.1.
- Jailbroken iPhone [to jailbreak see Redsn0w, JailbreakMe, PwnageTool, SnowBreeze or TinyUmbrella]
- Cydia which is normally pre-installed with Jailbreak
- Open Cydia
- Goto Manage > Sources
- Edit and Add source “repo666.ultrasn0w.com”
- After the source has been added. Navigate to the “Search” tab and input “Ultrasn0w”.
- Open Ultrasnow 1.2.5 and press the install button
- After ultrasn0w is successfully installed restart the iPhone and here you go your carrier has started appearing means its successfully unlocked.