Jailbreak community had come up with an idea of saving the authenticity/verification signatures of iOS named as Blobs. Blobs are basically 1024 bits RSA signatures used for verification of validity of firmware being installed. So the simple theme is, if you have your SHSH blobs saved you can revert back to older firmware. For example if you have saved SHSH blobs for 4.x.x and accidentally upgraded to 5.x.x firmware then you can still downgrade to 4.x.x using TinyUmbrella.
- Run TinyUmbrella 5.01.00 already downloaded from link above.
- TinyUmbrella will pop this kind of interface
- Now connect you iPhone, iPad or iPod with computer and you will see your Device name under connected devices on TinyUmbrella. After you see your device name click it to see its information on TinyUmbrella.
- On the right hand side you will see a Save SHSH button, click it to start saving you SHSH blobs. On completion you will see your Phone’s blob under Saved SHSH blobs as shown in snap below.
- You have successfully saved your SHSH blobs from the firmware you are currently running. If your blobs have not been saved then you can click advanced tab and try un-checking “Request SHSH from Cydia” and Press Save SHSH again. Hopefully this time it will work.
Note: If you have not saved SHSH Blobs for your versions downgrade is not possible as it only works if you have saved SHSH for the version you are planning to restore. However, if you want to confirm if SHSH are saved for your version open Cydia and check on top.
- Download TinyUmbrella 5.01.00 for both Windows from here and for Mac from here.
- Simply run TinyUmbrella and connect your iDevice with PC or Mac. Start TSS server by clicking “Start TSS Server” below.
- Keep TinyUmbrella Running and open iTunes. Press shift+restore and select the firmware you want to downgrade to. You can download firmware from here
- Once the restore will complete it will give you an Error 1015. On getting this error close iTunes and open TinyUmbrella and right click your device under Recovery Devices and press Exit Recovery and you are done. Congratulations your device is downgraded.
- If your device is not recovered, goto Advanced tab and un-check “Set hosts to Cydia on exit” and perform restore again. Hopefully it will work and if not feel free to comment you problem below.