Samsung Galax SII is one of the most powerful phone released yet in Android world. Soon after the release, it was successfully rooted based on the insecure XWKDD kernel. We are happy to provide you step by step guide for every Samsung Galaxy SII user who wants to “Root” the device.
Download Required Applications
You need to Signup on http://forum.xda-developers.com for free to download below mentioned files.
- Download Odin3 v1.85 from [Here] and then extract the .zip file
- Download Insecure/Original Kernels from [Here] (NOT extract the .tar file)
- Download SuperOneClick from [Here]
- Download and Install Samsung Kies from [Here]. It is required to install the correct USB drivers, so the programs can communicate with the device. Reboot your computer after the “Kies” installation.
THE PROCEDURE I AM GOING TO WRITE NOW IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF IT GETS FAILED!!!!!
- Put your device in USB Debugging mode by going in Settings -> Applications -> Development and USB debugging “ON”. A warning will appear, just click “Yes” to it.
- You now need to boot your phone in “Download Mode”. In order to do that first power off your device and then restart it again by holding your Volume Down Button + Home Button + Power Button(All at same time).
- Wait until you see the warning screen and press “Volume Up” button to continue and you will see your phone in “Download Mode”
- Now open Odin Unziped folder and RUN Odin3 v1.85 file
- Make sure you “Check” only “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time”checkboxes.
- Click on “PDA” button and browse the insecure kernel downloaded earlier.
- Connect your phone in “Download Mode” with computer using USB(Make sure you connect phone in Download Mode). If you have installed Samsung Kies correctly then you should see the box in the top left corner of Odin underneath where it says ID:COM should be Yellow and displaying the name of a Com Port your device is connected to.
- Press the “Start” button and now ODIN will flash the kernel.
- After the completion it should say “Succeed=1 and Failed=0” highlighted in red color and device should reboot.
- At start up screen you will see yellow exclamation mark, just ignore it.
- Keep your phone connect with computer and RUN “SuperOneClick” which you download earlier.
- Click The “Root” button and it will start the installation. It will ask “if you want to install BusyBox”, Press “YES” to continue. It will ask “Would you like to run a test”, Press “YES” to continue. It will also ask “SU command will now be send to your phone”, Press “YES” to continue and Lastly press “No” to denote.
- Restart your phone to make the changes effective.
- Done! Now you have a fully rooted Samsung Galaxy II