Samsung Epic 4G Touch is Samsung Galaxy S II variant offered by the operator Sprint one of the most powerful Android Phone available at the moment with 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor, 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen, 8 MP Camera with 1080p video recording with 16/32 GB Storage options.
It took only couple of days since Samsung released the source code for the Epic 4G Touch developers have been able to root the device. The developer Shabbypenguin of Android Creative Syndicate has come up with complete set of instructions and pre-rooted tar file on how to root Samsung Epic 4G Touch. Another developers who has has been able to root Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch is an XDA member zedomax and released his instructions on rooting the device. We will show you the complete step by step procedure of both developers on rooting Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.
Download Samsung Kies in order to install the necessary drivers for your PC to properly recognize the Epic 4G Touch.
- Download Odin 1.85 from here
- Download the Pre-rooted tar from here
- Extract Odin and the Victory PIT file somewhere on your PC
- Open Odin3 V1.85 and on the left side ONLY have AUTO reboot checked (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Press the PIT button and navigate to the*Epic touch pit file and select it.
- Check the PDA slot and then press the PDA button and navigate to the Tar file and select it
- Now power off your Epic Touch
- Once fully powered off, press and hold volume down, home key, and power button at the SAME time.*This will take you into Odin mode.
- Plug your phone into your PC
- You should see COM# (the number doesn’t matter) in the ID:COM box
- Press start and let it run through the process.
- Your phone is now rooted
In case you have not understood the instructions properly or gets confused then follow the below mentioned video for more details:
Files required for rooting can be downloaded from here.
- Put your Epic 4G into download mode by holding down Power button and Volume down buttton, when you see an option screen, let go of both buttons then hit Volume up button.
- You should now be in download mode, connect your USB cable from Epic 4G Touch to a Windows computer (Windows only)
- Make sure you have Samsung Kies installed, it will install the proper drivers.
- Open up odin3 v1.85.exe, click on “PDA”, then select “SPH-D710_Zedomax_Kernel.tar” and hit Start.
- Your phone should reboot and voila, your phone should be rooted with SuperUser app.
In case if you have not clear understood the instructions then follow the below mentioned video.