Limited number of Motorola Droid 3 owners are currently receiving notification from Verizon of an upcoming soak test to try out the update. Verizon’s has published the update details on their website which means i could come at any time. The update will remove number bugs fixes and bring a lot of improvements whose detail can be find in below mentioned offical picture available at Motorola website.
Thanks to an XDA Developer who has found out a way to install Build 5.6.890 manually on your Droid3 handset. Detail set of instructions are given below:
1. Download the update file from here and unzip it.
2. You should see a file named “Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip”.
3. copy the downloaded file on the root of your SD card.
4. Switch off your phone.
5. Boot into recovery by holding X + Power until the Android logo appears.
6. Then press and release both the Volume UP and Down key at the same time.
7. Using the volume keys, scroll down to “apply update from sdcard” and tap Power.
8. Highlight the “Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip” file and press Power.
9. The update will be applied.
10. When it finishes, reboot your droid 3 and Thats it.
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook to get updates on Apple, Android, Symbian, Gadgets & News.