This guide will explain the complete procedure to perform a Jailbreak for your iPhone, iPad or iPod. Latest iOS 4.3.3 can be untethered Jailbroken for iPhone, iPod touch, and original iPad (not iPad 2 – for iPad 2 click here) and the same exploit & process used as in previous iOS 4.3.1 and iOS 4.3.2 are used. So here you go for a complete step by step guide to perform a Jailbreak,
Note: If you want to preserve your unlock (baseband), DO NOT USE THIS METHOD. To maintain your baseband, you’ll need to create a custom IPSW and Sn0wBreeze.
What you need
iPhone 4 (GSM): iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 3GS: iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 3G: iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
iPhone 2G: iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 4G: iPod4,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 3G: iPod3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw
iPod Touch 2G: iPod2,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
iPad 1: iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore.ipsw
Note: iPhone 4 users don’t proceed if you reply on software unlock
- Download firmware for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod with iTunes (using PC) and update (Shift+Update) to iOS 4.3.3.
3. Download Redsn0w from the link above
4. Once you have downloaded the correct firmware and redsn0w, you are now ready to jailbreak.
5. Run Redsn0w and browse the firmware and click next
6. After loading software and Ramdisk next screen will apprear with Install Cydia checked, click Next (you can also enable MultiTouch Gestures on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod 4 and iPad by check marking it)
7. Now switch off your mobile while its connected to PC and press next.
8. Now follow these steps to put your phone into DFU Mode which is required to insert Jailbreak data into your iDevice,
a. Hold Down Power Button
b. Without releasing power button Press Home Button
c. Release Power Botton and keep pressing home button
9. When you device has successfully entered DFU mode then automatic installation will start and on resart of iDevice the device will be jailbroken.
If you are having trouble doing it please feel fee to ask question in comments section below.