Jailbreak opens endless possibilities for your iDevice whether it be the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch so how can the Jailbreak community forget the Apple TV 2G. Seas0nPass adds number of new features to your Apple TV 2G after Jailbreak including access to additional service providers, open file system to play your own content, subtitles options, cover arts and best of all the Apple DRM restrictions are removed. Apple TV 2G now incorporates iCloud features as playing already rented shows purchased from iTunes. iOS 4.3 also added support for the video site Vimeo which allows you to show low-budget independent films. So in order to Jailbreak follow the tutorial below,
1. Download “Seas0nPass.zip” from above link and unzip to launch the application.
2. On pressing the next window click on “Create IPSW” option to create a custom firmware.
3. Now the latest firmware will be downloaded to create a custom firmware for Jailbreak
4. When the IPSW is created it will prompt you to connect Apple TV using micro-USB cable. Connect the device with Mac and Hold both “Menu” and “Play/Pause” button for 7 seconds to enter DFU Mode
5. Now iTunes will automatically restore the custom jailbroken IPSW file onto your Apple TV 2G.
Congrats you are done with Jailbreaking your Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.3 using seas0npass. The same can be reconfirmed using the menu option where you will find SeasonPass Menu as shown below.
Our friends at MyJailbreakMovies have come up with a nice video tutorial on how to Jailbreak Apple TV 2 using Seas0nPass Jailbreak Utility.
You can visit out Apple TV section to view more stuff on Apple TV Products and Services.
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook to get updates on Apple, Android, Symbian, Gadgets & News.