We have already reported you about Microsoft official release of Windows Phone Mango update and web based marketplace. Although if you visit the update schedule page, current status is Scheduling which means users have to wait 10 business days or less.
If you are a windows Phone user and you don’t to wait for another 10 days after which update message will appear on your Windows Phone then follow this forced Windows Phone Mango update procedure through Zune software, posted by wpcentral:
- Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
- Click on Settings/Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
- Click the check for update button again, and this time immediately disconnect your computer from the internet. Do this by pulling the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc.
- Wait 30 seconds or so and you should receive a notification that an update is available. This is 7403, the Mango pre-update.
- Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
- After 7403 is fully installed, you may receive a notification that another update is available. If so, install Mango now. If not, proceed to the next step.
- If the Mango update isn’t popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7403 update to appear. That’s Mango, baby.
- Using the Zune software, install Mango like it’s hot.
Update – 1
People have reported success using above mentioned procedure. Please do let us know in your comments if it works for you or not.
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook to get updates on Apple, Android, Symbian, Gadgets & News.