We have been hearing so much about HP TouchPad since it was put on 99$ clearance sale after Officially dumping Web-OS but Android enthusiastic teamed up to port Android on HP TouchPad without any delay. just after couple of days the first video for HP TouchPad Android 2.2.1 port appeared followed by installation of CynogenMod 7 on HP TouchPad, Android 2.3.x Gingerbread And webOS Dual Boot, Overclocking HP Touch Pad to 1.9 Ghz and Android Port gets MultiTouch support was revealed.
Now another team has found out a way to run Ubuntu Linux on the TouchPad. Although the procedure is bit complex as you actually need to start with partitioning the storage space on the tablet, installing Ubuntu alongside webOS, and then choosing which to run.
How to Install Ubuntu Linux on HP TouchPad
1- Install Preware On HP TouchPad
Preware is more like an App store kind of repository system which contains collection of free homebrew applications, patches, themes and kernels for webOS devices. There are four different procedures available to install Preware on your HP TouchPad.
2- Install Meta-Doctor On HP TouchPad
- Using OS X or Linux you’ll need to install git and Java runtime.
- You also need to install Palm Novacom software, and download the meta-doctor scripts.
- Download and run the webOS Doctor.
- Create an ext3fs partition on your device, making sure it’s large enough for an Ubuntu installation.
- Follow the instructions to mount the ext3fs partition when your device boots.
- You can also get further details from here.
- In PreWare, make sure you have enabled the WebOS Internals Testing Feeds.
- Install Xecutah, XServer, and Ubuntu 11.04 CHroot.
- Run XServer.
- Return to Xecutah and tap Ubuntu 11.04 Chroot.