Recently we reported you about Nexus One update on Android 2.3.6, Now good news has come for Google Nexus S users. Google has started rolling out Android 2.3.6 Build GRK39F OTA update for all Nexus S handsets. There is no official changelog has been released due to which we are not sure if it bring anything new except fixing Wi-Fi and USB tethering issues. However, we are are sure about is that this upgrade is from GRJ22 (2.3.4) to GRK39F(2.3.6). Moreover, we are also not sure if it will work on non-T-Mobile Nexus S GSM devices.
We are not sure if this below mentioned procedure will work or not if your device is rooted. Moreover, PROCEDURE WE HAVE REFERRED IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. KOOLMOBILE.NET WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF IT GETS FAILED OR CAUSED ANY DATA LOSS!!!!!
- Download the update file GRK39F-from-GRJ22 (you have to be on GRJ22 for this to work) and rename it to update.zip (make sure it’s named update.zip and not update.zip.zip if you’re using Windows and have it set to hide file extensions).
- Move the file to your phone’s /sdcard directory using your favorite method – the easiest way is probably mounting the phone as disk using a USB cable or use your favorite file manager (mine’s Total Commander).
- Reboot your phone and when it starts booting back up, hold Volume Up + Power.
- Select Recovery.
- The phone will reboot into recovery but first it’ll show an exclamation point and a triangle. At this point, mash the Power and Volume Up buttons a few times until the recovery screen shows up.
- Select Apply sdcard update.zip, which should start the update process.
- Reboot and enjoy Android 2.3.6.