If you are new to MIUI, it is a very famous Custom ROM for Android which brings distinct and appealing look with enhanced notifications menu, Camera/Gallery/Music apps to devices. It is also considered as an alternative to another popular Android Custom ROM CyanogenMod. Now Developer adyscorpius from XDA has released a “very stable” MIUI 4 ROM which brings Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich to Galaxy S II.
– Based off MIUI Android v2.1.20 (Thanks MIUI and MIUI Android) and CyanogenMod 9 Alpha 01172012 build (Thanks Team Hacksung and CyanogenMod)
– KP9 Kernel – Due to data issues with later versions (Thanks Codeworkx again)
– Camera from CyanogenMod – Supports 8MP
– Fixed External SD not being read, now both Music app and Storage in Settings read it
– Added some build.prop tweaks (Better Speed and optimization)
– Fixed Storage view – Now shows both internal and external SD Card
– SQLite3 upgraded to latest version (Better database Handling)
– Added TitaniumBackup v4.7.5
How to Install
1. Download MIUI 4 ROM from here and Copy the zip file to /sdcard.
2. Reboot your device to Recovery Mode
3. Choose option to Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Navigate to Mounts and Storage and then Wipe System
5. Install the downloaded Version 2.1 ROM zip file from sdcard –
7. Wipe Data/Factory Reset AGAIN.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Install/Flash Android MIUI ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire [Video]
- Install Android 2.3.7 MIUI ROM On HP TouchPad [How To Tutorial]