Amazon Kindle Fire is the one of the greatest addition in tablets market and has already attracted a lot of users all around the world. It is being offered at competitive price of $199 with all those amazing features which are normally required in a tablet. One of feature which is unique and has gathered a lot of attention as compared to other devices is in-built web browser that is pre-loaded with it, called Silk. It has been developed with slightly a different approach while talking about loading web pages. This approach brings faster loading to those pages which are being visited regularly by getting information from Amazon’s cloud-based servers.
Now a developer over XDA forum named TyHi managed to work it with other android devices. I have mentioned below the procedure to install Kindle Fire Silk browser on other android devices.
- Download the pack Here
- Use Root Explorer to copy the lib files to /system/lib set permissions the same as the others.
- Install all of the .apks like you would side load.
- Copy the silk apk from /data/app to /system/app
- Reboot and enjoy
You may also like to check out:
- How to Install/Flash Android MIUI ROM on Amazon Kindle Fire [Video]
- How to Download and Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet [Video]
- How to Root Kindle Fire 6.2.1 Using BurritoRoot [Tutorial]
- How to Download And Install CyanogenMod 7 On Kindle Fire [Video]
- How to Install Android Market on Amazon Kindle Fire [Tutorial]