Windows Phone 7 has been on the news for last few days because Microsoft has launched Mango update for all Windows Phone users and i am sure you already have been updated to Mango just because you are still waiting for Update notification then then just this procedure to initiate update procedure forcefully.
Now we have got a workaround for Windows Phone Omnia 7 and Focus user who are still unable to set their phones as Wifi Hotspot. This owsesome feature was previously disabled but now thanks to XDA developer drkfngthdragnlrd who has managed to find a perfect solution and prepare a perfect guide which will turn on Wifi Hotspot feature. This best part of this solution is, it enables you to tether your handset and work for all the carriers.
1. Remove (uninstall) Network Profile application and remove any APN you set up in settings -> cellular.
2. InterOP-unlock your device (Heathcliff)
3. Install DiagProvXML app
3. Using Isolated Storage Explorer deploy enclosed provxml files
4. Install the xml files in this order: hotspot, hotspot1, mxip_hotspotconfig_01, EnableAutoDataConfig
4b. Check in settings that you can now see Internet Sharing between Bluetooth and accounts!
6. Deploy WP7 Root Tools (Heathcliff)
7. Now launch Root Tools and go to Local Machine -> Comm -> InternetSharing and manualy add:
Name => value (type)
EntitlementURI => ./Vendor/MSFT/Registry/HKLM/Comm/InternetSharing/Settings/OpenMarketEnabled (string)
OpenMarketEnabled => 1 (dword)
8. Clear “CellularConnectionName” (aka set to empty)
and you can go to settings -> Internet Sharing and start it up
We will keep you updated on Windows Phone, if you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook.