iPhone Dev Team memebers MuscleNerd and Sherif Hashim have not been able to unlock iOS 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x on 2.10.04/3.10.01/4.10.01 Basebands. However, they still though that they could possibly unlock these iOS for permanent. A Chinese Gevey Team stepped up and found out away to unlock iOS 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x on 2.10.04/3.10.01/4.10.01 Basebands by forcing the activation of the baseband using the emergency dialer.
However, the most unfortunate part here is, even if you are able to successfully unlock your iPhone through Gevey SIM you will notice that GPRS and EDGE Cellular data services will remain disabled or deactivated. I am one of those unlucky iPhone user who are using GEVEY SIM and deprived of GPRS/EDGE Cellular data services. Finally after a lot of efforts i have been able to find a workaround in order to get both Unlocking and GPRS/EDGE data services working on my iPhone 4 using GEVEY SIM. Please follow a below mention procedure most of which you are already following while using GEVEY SIM.
How to Enable GPRS/EDGE Cellular Data Services on GEVEY SIM
You need to have a jailbroken iPhone. If you have not done it yet then you might like to see Redsn0w Jailbreak & JailbreakMe or to Jailbreak while preserving your baseband (software unlock) see TinyUmbrella, SnowBreeze & PwnageTool.
- Removes the SIM card from your iPhone 4
- Goto Cydia > Manage > Sources > Edit > Add Source, and add http://www.xgroove.com(Recommended) or http://cydia.furiousmod.com/.
- Search for FuriousMod in Cydia and Install
- Restart your iPhone so that FuriousMod is completely setup and Turn your iPhone off
- Insert Gevey SIM into your iPhone 4 and turn it on
- Follow the procedure for unlocking iPhone using Gevey SIM.
- Once your iPhone is unlocked you will find your cellular data services enabled or activated.
- Enjoy 24/7 data services on your iPhone 🙂
If you like our efforts please share it using social apps below and follow us on twitter and facebook to get updates on Apple, Android, Symbian, Gadgets & News.