Facebook has introduced major feature and performance improvements today revealed by CEO Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook’s annual f8 conference today out of which the addition of Timeline feature is the most intuitive one. Timeline gathers your data in a way to display your memories in a beautiful way by highlighting the important events of your life and the family and friends you shared them.
With timeline, now you have a home for all the great stories you’ve already shared. They don’t just vanish as you add new stuff. Timeline is wider than your old profile, and it’s a lot more visual. The first thing you’ll notice is the giant photo right at the top. This is your cover, and it’s completely up to you which of your photos you put here. As you scroll down past your cover, you’ll see your posts, photos and life events as they happened in time. You choose what’s featured on your timeline. You can star your favorites to double their size or hide things altogether.
If you have generated the timeline and some of the important events are missing so you can fill in the missing links by accessing the private posts and marking them to be used in the timeline. Also the integration of your love for music can be added in the timeline listing your favorite tunes.
You can sneak preview Facebook Timeline feature and how it works,
Procedure to enable Facebook Timeline Developers Preview
- Log into your Facebook account
- Now activate the developer mode by searching the term developer in Search box at top of Facebook Page
- Goto the developer apps by accessing here
- Now create a new application with a name and namespace with out CAPS
- Click on “Get Started using open graph” under the “Open Graph” header.
- Create a test action e.g. Read, Write etc
- You will be redirected to the configuration pages of the action you created, sail through them an click “Save and Finish”
- After few moments you will get an invite to try Timeline at top of your Facebook home page and Viola you are into Facebook timeline feature before all your friends can.