If you are still having difficulties in following manual Rooting method for Droid3 then just leave it right here. A 1-click easy root has already been developed and launched by Framework43 and psouza4 works only with Windows machines. It also has been confirmed for developers that this rooting method works for all Moto phones running Gingerbread.
Just follow our step by step guide on how to easy root droid3 using 1-Click.
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed – [Download Drivers]
2. Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ – [Download 1-Click]
3. Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Connect your phone with computer and select “Charge Only” mode
5. Navigate to ‘Droid 3 easy root’ folder and run ‘Click to root your Droid 3.bat’
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
As per P3Droid, this method should work on Droid 3, Droid X, Droid X2, Cliq and Cliq 2 devices.
For more stuff check out our Android Market Gallery.