Motorola is quite popular for bringing high end smartphones with inbuild tight security which means rooting is always a difficult task on latest devices like Droid RAZR. However, an XDA developer named as J.Y.Daddy has managed to create a custom package of both Bootstrap and CWM which has now opened the gates for flashing custom ROMs on almost all shapes and sizes of Droid RAZR. The best part of this package is, process gets completed in seven simple steps. Follow the below mentioned step by step guide in order to install CWM Recovery on your Droid RAZR
THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANT!!!!. PROCEDURE WE HAVE REFERRED IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. KOOLMOBILE.NET WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF IT GETS FAILED OR CAUSED ANY DATA LOSS!!!!!
- Download Bootstrap Recovery and transfer to root of SD Card
- Download RAZR CMW-on-boot from J.Y.Daddy and move to root of SD Card
- Root the Droid RAZR
- Install the Bootstrap Recovery APK you downloaded in step one, as you would any other app.
- Open the RAZRBootstrap app and tap the Bootstrap Recovery button to begin recovery installation
- When installation is complete, tap recovery and boot into CWM recovery mode.
- Use the “Home” and “Menu” keys to navigate up and down in CWM, The “Back” key to go back, and “Search” key to select.
- Choose “Install Zip from SD Card”
- Choose “Choose Zip from SD Card”
- Select RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy.zip and choose “Yes” to confirm installation.
- When installation is complete, reboot your phone.
- After rebooting, open the SuperUser app
- Tap RazrBootStrap and set the permission to “Denied”. This is very important!
- Reboot your phone again