Great day for HTC Merge users because now they can straight away download and install Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 on their devices rather and say bye bye to Android Froyo 2.2. This update is not Over The Air(OTA) so you have to do it manually on a computer using HTC Sync software. It is important to mention here that this update will delete all your emails, contacts, calendars, apps, bookmarks etc. However, data such as Pictures, movies, music etc which is normally saved on your SD card would remain there.
- Download HTC Sync from here.
- Download Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 from here and save it on your computer Desktop
- Keep your USB Cable ready USB which came with your device.
- 50 MB of available free Hard Disk space.
- Backup Contacts to SD Card through Import/Export option in Menu.
- Supports Windows XP SP2-SP3, Windows Vista 32-Bit/64-Bit, Windows 7 32-Bit/64-Bit
- You need to verify your Android Phone Software version by going to Menu>Settings>About>Software Information>Software Version. Make sure you are using version lower than 3.10.573.1.
- Connect your Android Phone HTC Merge with computer using USB Cable and select Disk Mode from given multiple modes option.
- Run the Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 downloaded file and it will prompt following screen. Check the box and click next.
- Once again check the box and click next
- Click update
- Click Next
- Once again click next
- Click Finish
- Your Android Phone HTC Merge will reboot automatically to complete the upgrade process.
- Thats it! You have upgraded your HTC Merge.
- You can imports your contact back from SD Card once your phone is successfully upgraded. In order import contacts just go to Home>Menu>Import/Export>Import from SD Card.