Those of you who owns Google’s recently launched Galaxy nexus must be enjoying all the cool features with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a brand new operating system released with the handset. At the same time developers over XDA forum continue to release different tool which allows them to install some unofficial stuff. Developer mskip has also come with similar kind of tool called Galaxy Nexus Toolkit which allows you to unlocks the bootloader, roots the phone, and installs CWM to get you all ready for flashing ROMs of other developers as well as provides many other useful options. You can now follow the below mentioned step by step guide to install it on your Galaxy Nexus handset.
THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!. PROCEDURE WE HAVE REFERRED IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. KOOLMOBILE.NET WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF IT GETS FAILED OR CAUSED ANY DATA LOSS!!!!!
FUNCTIONS OF GALAXY NEXUS TOOLKIT V3.0 [GSM + LTE]
- NEW 1-CLICK FOR ALL TO UNLOCK, ROOT, RENAME THE RESTORE FILE AND FLASH CWM
- UNLOCK/RE-LOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
- ROOT ANY BUILD OF ICS SAFELY
- DELETE THE RECOVERY RESTORE FILE PRESENT ON SOME STOCK ROMS
- FLASH CWM OR STOCK RECOVERY
- BOOT INTO CWM RECOVERY WITHOUT FLASHING IT
- NEW BOOT OR FLASH .IMG FILES DIRECTLY FROM YOUR PC
- NEW PUSH FILES FROM PC TO PHONE [IN ADB MODE]
- NEW PULL FILES FROM PHONE TO PC [IN ADB MODE]
- NEW SET FILE PERMISSIONS ON PHONE [IN ADB MODE]
- NEW REBOOT PHONE TO FASTBOOT OR ANDROID [FASTBOOT MODE]
- NEW REBOOT PHONE TO FASTBOOT, RECOVERY AND ANDROID [ADB MODE]
- NEW TURN STARTSCREENS ON/OFF FOR NEXT USE
If you have any further queries regarding Unlocking the bootloader, rooting the device, Flashing CWM on your Galaxy Nexus using Toolkit Version 3.0 then visit he XDA official thread.
You can also check out:
- Unlock/Re-Lock and Root/Unroot Verizon Galaxy Nexus Using GalaxyNexus RootToolkit [2-Click Method]
- Google Wallet available for download on Galaxy Nexus [Unofficial]
- How to Manually Update Official Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.2 OTA Early on Galaxy Nexus(GSM)