Following in the footsteps of it’s very impressive predecessor ,the LG V10,which was released last year, LG has released a new phone this year , the LG V20, which is expected to be an even better smartphone than it’s previous version. The company’s flagship phone has some very exciting features for the eagerly awaiting public.
LG V20 Features
- The LG V20 is powered by Snapdragon 820 SoC
- 64 GB UF 2.0+ speed of Internal storage in addition to 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, as well as additional support provided by the microSD cards that give upto 2TB storage
- The screen has a 5.7 inch Quad-HD IPS LCD display in addition to another 24 character screen placed above it. The brightness is of 68nits in comparison to that in the LG V10 where the brightness was of 35 nits.
LG V20 Hardware Features
Apart from being aesthetically more beautiful the LG V20 has various other updates in the hardware field.
- The body is solely made of Glass and Aluminium
- There are two polycarbonate bumpers -one at the top and the other at the bottom, specifically designed for the extra protection to the phone in case it falls.
- Due to the fact the front part of the body is largely comprised of AL 6013 Aluminium and Gorilla Glass 4 ,allows for the Drop resistance of MIL-STD-810 G rating and allows for better wear and tear of the device.
- The metallic removable rear enables users easy access to the underlying removable 3,200mAh battery.
- The V20 is slightly slimmer and lighter and weighs 177grams in comparison to the LG V10 which weighs 182 grams.
- Similar to the G5 ,the LG V20 will be available in pink ,a darker Titan version and a metallic silver version.
- The feel of the phone is very smooth to touch and has an additional spring loaded mechanism.
The main differentiating feature that can be found in the smartphone is the presence of the second screen that is found placed overhead the main screen, and this screen is placed above the whole screen in the LG V20. LG has this time provided significant customization to the second screen with additional personal customization options being available according to the customers preference. Through the custom signature process ,the user has the option of layering the background picture with a specific wallpaper by using the initial letter of the signature. The screen that is on top ,now provides the option of showing the apps that have been currently been used ,allowing better access between apps ,in addition to various other panels added on from the LG V10.
The most valuable feature of the LG V20 is said to be the presence of the four Digital- Analog Converters ,and 3.5 mm audio jack , give the most impressive audio experience that can be obtained from any smartphone till date. In addition to giving high quality 24-bit/192KHz support ,the Digital Analog Converters work in synchronization ,thereby decreasing the level of white noise by 50% in comparison to it’s predecessor. Users can expect a FLAC codec to power the HD audio recorder , that also gives the option of toggling through videos recorded using the camera, in addition to improved directional audio recording.
Closely resembling the camera of the G5,we can expect a rear 16MP camera , which has a f/1.8 aperture and a 75 degree angle lens in addition to a 8 MP camera with f/2.4 aperture and 120 degree angle lens. The frontal camera is a made up of two 5 MP cameras that both have 83 and 120 degree angle lens ,and apertures of f/1.9. In addition to features present on the software side ,which where also seen in the V10,we can expect various other wonderful features including the option of live filters used in videos in addition to the previous option of only being available in images.
It should be noted that this will be the first smartphone to be sold with Android 7.0 Nougat already installed in it. This is a very important feature of the LG V20 ,however the shape and aesthetics of the phone are not much different to the G5. The LG V20 is considered one of the best phones available that does not require the user to add a huge array of extra add-ons at it has many features already instilled into it.