Yesterday a group of hackers called themselves Dream Team released iPhone the most awaited jailbreaking tool called Greenpois0n Absinthe for A5 devices which includes iPhone 4S (either running iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1) and iPad 2 (WiFi only, GSM & CDMA) devices running iOS 5.0.1 firmware. Initially the tool was only available for Mac system but now Chronic Dev Team has released a new version which support windows operating system.
- Download iTunes from here.
- Download Absinthe v0.2 for Windows from here. Extract the zip file after download and put it on your Desktop
- Download iPhone 4S 5.0 here, 5.0.1 Build 9A405 from here or 5.0.1 Build 9A406 from here.
1- Backup your iPhone 4S and restore it using the above mentioned iOS 5.0.1 or 5.0 firmware files.
2- Now Launch GreenPois0n Absinthe app downloaded earlier.
3- Connect your iPhone 4S with computer using USB cable. Make sure that your device is detected then press the jailbreak button.
4- Now application will perform several jailbreak steps which includes sending initial data, waiting for reboot, waiting for device to finish booting, preparing jailbreak data and Sending payload data.
5- You are almost done as mentioned on the window
6- You will find Absinthe icon on springboard and click it to complete your jailbreak.
7- If you get an Error establishing a database connection message then navigate to Settings.app and turn on VPN.
8- Your device will give a configuration error but after about a minute your device will reboot and you will find cydia on your device springboard.
You can also check out:
- How to Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 Using Greenpois0n Absinthe v.1.2.1[Mac Only]
- How Run Absinthe A5 Jailbreak Through Terminal To Resolve Errors
- How to Resolve iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Absinthe Jailbreak Errors or Bugs on iOS 5.0.1