If you are Galaxy Nexus owner on Verizon network and have not received any OTA update message yet for Android 4.0.4 then don’t worry a custom recovery method is available for you to install. This new build IMM30B will bring Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich instead of 4.0.3 on your handsets. Although there has been no official changelog available but an XDA developer kangxi observed the following changes:
- Noticeably Faster
- Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
- Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
- New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don’t even notice it changing.
- Improved signal strength
- New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
- PRIMELA03 Bootloader
- Faster boot up time
- Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
- Holding down camera button now refocuses again
- Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
- Autorotate is faster
- Browser performance noticeably improved
- Recent apps list opens faster
- Miscellaneous camera UI changes
- Increased volume
- Keyboard fixes
PROCEDURE WE HAVE REFERRED IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. KOOLMOBILE.NET WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF IT GETS FAILED OR CAUSED ANY DATA LOSS!!!!!
2- Make sure Clockwork Recovery is installed on your device.
3- Make sure your device is running stock Android 4.0.2 (ICL53F) in order to update Android 4.0.4 (IMM3OB). Moreover you must need to have stock radios, bootloader, and have made no system changes.
1- Boot your Verizon Galaxy Nexus into Clockwork Recovery
5- Click on “install zip from sdcard” option and then find the file and select it.
6- Thats it!!!! Roboot and run Android 4.0.4 on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus
You can also checkout:
- How To Download and Install Android 4.0.3 ICS On Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 [Tutorial]
- How To Download And Install Leaked Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Update On Nexus S 4G [Tutorial]