In the past we have provided complete procedure to downgrade firmware of iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G, 3G, iPad 2 (wifi) and iPad 1 using saved SHSH files from TinyUmbrella. We also mentioned in one of our post that Apple is still signing 4.3.1 for iPhone 3GS therefore downgrade is possible. However it may be possible that you have forgot to get SHSH blobs on the previous versions of your iPhone 4, iPad or iPod Touch and cannot downgrade but recently Mokhles Hussien at Limera1n has come up with a procedure to downgrade to iOS 4.3.3 (provides untethered Jailbreak) from iOS 4.3.5. What’s Needed
- iTunes 10.4.1 (Download)
- iOS 4.3.3 for your iOS device (Download)
- Restore Files (Download )
- Download Restore Files from the link mentioned above
- Browse following directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc , and replace the “HOST” file with the downloaded file under the “Restore Files” folder
- Run Redsn0w and jailbreak the device using the tutorial here but you have to point to iOS 4.3.3 rather than iOS 4.3.4 or iOS 4.3.5.
- After the procedure is complete the iPhone will stuck on recovery mode.
- Open Tinyumbrella (present in “Restore Files” folder), right click on your iDevice name on the left pane then press on Start Tss Server.
- Open iTunes and restore your iDevice with iOS 4.3.3 firmware using (Shift + Restore).
- You will get error 1013, now use Fixrecovery (present in “Restore Files” folder).
- Open iFaith (present in “Restore Files” folder) and Save shsh blobs.
- Open sn0wbreeze (present in “Restore Files” folder) to create custom iOS 4.3.3 firmware and restore it using iTunes (Shift + Restore).
- And you are done downgrading your firmware.
If you are getting iTunes Errors see procedure for removal Error 3194, 3164, Error 3014, 3004, 3002 and Error 1604,1603, 1602, 1601, 1600 0r 29.
Note: This procedure has ony been tested for iPhone 3GS by Rayant410 and few other but its worth giving a try if you are stuck with tethered Jailbreak. Please leave your feedback in comments after using this procedure.
Update 27th August 2011: Our user Rayant410 and few others at Koolmobile have successfully downgraded their iPhone 3GS from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3. You can read the thread in comments below.
Update 2nd September 2011: It has been confirmed working on iPhone 4 by Redhairpro and iPad Original. Please read the comments below for details.
Update 7th September 2011: Koolmobile user Jad has successfully downgraded iPhone 4 please read the comments below for details and suggested a work around (thanks Jad) which is as fols,
For whom they couldn’t continue the point 8, do the following:
1- Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc, cut hosts file and paste it on your desktop, delete all previous “hosts” and paste #126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com instead to be as the following;# For example:
# 188.8.131.52 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 184.108.40.206 x.acme.com # x client host
#220.127.116.11 gs.apple.comPoints 3,4,5,6 & 7 are the same as mentioned in the topic above. 8- Start iFaith while your iDevice in the recovery mode NOT in the DFU mode.
** Try many times if it stuck on Apple Logo step… USE iREB to enter DFU mode. I downgraded my iPhone4 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3…. SO LUCKY..