You might be enjoying Siri by using routine basic commands however there is a lot more hidden underneath Siri which you might have thought after watching Jonathan Sing for Siri.
Therefore we have thought to share some hidden commands like “Will you Marry Me”.
- [Punctuation/symbols/emoticons]. Siri can understand many basic symbols, emoticons and punctuation marks, as long as you say them by the right name. Examples include “open parenthesis”, “close square bracket”, ” “frowney face” (love it!), “new paragraph”, “pound sign”, etc.
- Play playlist . Siri will play not just a song, but a whole playlist for you.
- Find all email by [contact]. Siri will give you a short list of emails from the contact you ask for.
- What’s on my calendar for [date]. Siri will show you all your appointments for today, tomorrow, next Monday, or February 28 (2012) if you ask nicely.
- Search [Bing/Yahoo]. If Google’s not your cup of tea, Siri will search the competition for you.
- Search [Google/Bing/Yahoo] for [specialized information] [time] [place]. Whether you want the latest scores, show times, etc., if you phrase it just right, Siri can often find it for you.
- **Who was in the cast of [movie]: Siri can tell you the name of that actor you know you’ve seen before but just can’t remember.
- Delete all alarms: Siri will delete all alarms, not just individual ones, in case you never want to be woken up again! (I found this by accident on Rene’s phone. Shhhh!)
- Message [Social network] [Status]. If you’ve set it up on Twitter, Facebook, or another social network that lets you update via SMS, Siri will message your status right to it.
- Restart. Siri will re-spring the Springboard. It’s not a full reboot, but it’s faster.