As you might already be aware that world population has reached 7 Billion mark so in the wake of the event National Geographic has come up with iPad iOS application named “7 Billion App for iPad”. The free application contains informational content including images, videos, maps and articles to spread the aware of rising population and its effects on food and water related issues. It also recommends mending ways of our city lives in order to improve the population hazards.
Some of the major features of 7 Billion App for iPad are,
- How big is 7 Billion? An insightful video of the demographic trends that got us here today and how it will impact us tomorrow.
- Birth of a New Brazil: How big families are out, to the credit of strong-willed women—and the steamy soaps that inspired them.
- The Face of Seven Billion Interactive: Tap on the “typical face” to find out who the most typical human is
- Rift in Paradise: As the global population increases Africa’s Albertine Rift gives us a glimpse of what is at stake in the decades ahead.
- Bangladesh: See how resourceful residents of this country refuse to give in to rising seas
- Food Ark: Explore how preserving heirlooms seeds and breeds are crucial if we hope to feed our hungry world.
- And to be incorporated into the app in December 2011: Cities are the Solution: They may be the best way to lift people from poverty and preserve the environment.