Mac users will not have to wait much longer for the badly needed hadware changes to the computer devices. Apple is reported to have announced the date set for the latest Mac lineup for the 27th October 2016, and the event is said to be held at Apple’s Cupertino campus or surrounding area.
We can expect updates in the much awaited 2016 model MacBook Pro, in addition to iMacs ,iMac Minis and MacBook Air Lines and maybe to the Mac Pro as well.
The updates we are expecting to each of these devices are:
- Rumors have it that Apple is planning on using a USB Type-C charger (like the one used in the 12-inch MacBook) to replace the MagSafe Connector in the MacBook Pro.
- The MacBook Pro is expected to allow users faster access to features and software mainly due to the presence of the software touch button, and OLED touch-bar that is said to be incorporated into the device somewhere around the main keyboard.
- The presence of the Touch ID Integration on the power button .
- Expected to feature a slimmer unibody exterior -which is also expected to feature in the notebook
- Thunderbolt support is also expected
The reports also claim that Apple will also feature the Apple MacBook at the event , however we are expecting a drop in the prices or alteration in the device lineup and not a change in the hardware.
We can also expect a drop in the prices of the 12-inch MacBook mainly due to the fact that Apple is planning to ditch the 11-inch MacBook Air , and allowing for better sales of the 12-inch device. Debates on whether Apple will rename the 12-inch device ,with Air in it , however this is a bit unlikely following the 12-inch MacBook name, with the ultra light and slim design not having the Air Monikor added to it.
Let’s hope these reports are accurate after a much awaited Mac lineup hardware upgrade .